Arm/leg raises strengthen your lower back muscles and core muscles, which support your spine. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your stomach with your chin or forehead to the ground (you can place a towel underneath). Keep your legs straight and arms extended overhead.
- Slowly raise one arm off the ground, hold for a moment, and lower it back to the ground.
- Now repeat this for your other arm and legs, 15 repetitions each.
- Get on your hands and knees. Keep your spine straight, with your hands directly below your shoulders and your knees aligned directly under your hips.
- Reach out with an arm and keep it straight and level. At the same time, extend the leg on your opposite side, keeping it straight and level.
- Hold for a few deep breaths, then gently lower your arm and leg to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise with your other arm/leg. Try for 10 to 15 repetitions on each side.